- Suzuki offers four sub 120g/km cars in the City, Supermini and Mini MPV segments.
- Revisions to 1.6-litre petrol engine for 2010 include Variable Valve Timing system for greater torque flexibility, more power and improvements to fuel economy and emissions.
- New Euro Five 2.0-DDiS engine for SX4 4x4 replaces 1.9DDiS unit – now with 18 per cent lower emissions and higher maximum torque; available from just 1,500rpm.
- 12 per cent improvement in fuel economy for the new diesel engine – 51.3mpg combined.
- Revised SX4 with 1.6-litre petrol on sale in the UK next spring; new diesel to be introduced later in 2010.
At the Frankfurt show next month, Suzuki will continue to focus on its expertise in small cars and will showcase its latest range of low emission models including the Alto, Splash 1.0-litre petrol and 1.3 DDiS Splash and Swift models.
Also on display will be the 2010 model SX4; Suzuki’s clever combination of SUV dynamics and passenger car elegance. The latest model SX4 incorporates cleaner styling refreshments to the exterior with a new styling package for greater aerodynamics and sporting appearance. The Minor Change model also features a new front bumper assembly, front grille and new design front and rear skid plates to help handle the rigours of outdoor life.
Updates to the interior include a new design instrument cluster with integrated information display, a new control panel for the climate control system and various measures to further reduce vibration and harshness.
Suzuki’s SX4 is a distinctive five-door hatchback that blends the characteristics of sporty compacts exemplified by the Swift, with those of lightweight SUVs such as the Grand Vitara, to create an exciting small car alternative.
The resulting ‘sport X-over’ combines responsive driving dynamics, 4x4 capability and high levels of practicality and styling.
The 2010 model SX4 with 1.6-litre petrol engine will receive some minor modifications including Variable Valve Timing and a modified cylinder head resulting in improved efficiency, fuel consumption and approx 10 per cent lower emissions; further information will be available closer to launch next year.
The Minor Change SX4 will also be available in Europe with an all-new 2.0-litre DDiS engine for the AWD version which will offer 18 per cent lower emissions – a reduction from 174g/km to 143g/km together with negligible particulate emissions of just 0.003g/km. This model will be introduced later in 2010.
At Suzuki it’s not just about stylish and clean cars as the company will also exhibit several examples from its innovative and widespread range of motorcycles as well as the latest Marine Outboard engines and All Terrain Vehicles (ATV’s).
Suzuki celebrates its Centenary of innovation this year and recently passed the 40 million mark for global car sales.
To find out more about the Suzuki automobiles range, visit www.suzuki4.co.uk.