Luscombe Motors in Leeds has been named one of the UK's Best Dealerships To Work For in a new programme launched by Automotive Management, the UK's leading automotive retail business publication.
More than 40 dealerships participated in the inaugural programme with 15 companies honoured as a Best Dealership To Work For.
Best Dealerships is a celebration of elite employers in the automotive franchised dealer industry who have proven that they know what it takes to create an environment where people love to come to work. The aim of programme is to raise the bar among industry employers, creating excellence and employee engagement that will attract talented people for years to come.
Luscombe Motors was recognised for providing an outstanding workplace environment that engages its staff and allows them to flourish. The company is committed to ensuring its employees are motivated and happy through a range of benefits, and promotes a positive workplace culture through:
- Understanding that real improvement starts with a commitment from the top.
- Defining their corporate values and living by them.
- Hiring for team and cultural fit.
- Evaluating productivity versus time served.
- Embracing flexibility.
- Hiring and promoting leaders who love what they do.
- Placing trust and respect at the centre of all relationships.
Luscombe Motors empowers its employees to make decisions and gives them a share in the company profits. They receive twice-weekly text message updates on dealership performance from the managing director which are used to thank them for their efforts. It also hosts social events throughout the year, including a Christmas Party.
Automotive Management partnered with Best Companies Group (BCG) to produce the 2017 Best UK Dealerships To Work For programme.
BCG, a global workplace research business which runs similar programmes in other industries, used employee and employer surveys to assess dealers' performance in key areas such as leadership and planning, culture and communications, employee satisfaction, pay and benefits, training and development, working environment and manager relationships.
With the average national engagement standing at 42% (according to global consulting firm BlessingWhite), the 15 Best UK Dealerships to Work For achieved a staggering 92%.
AM editor-in-chief Stephen Briers said: 'Employee engagement is an essential ingredient for a successful business. No company, large or small, can win over the long run without a workforce that is motivated and energised, and which understands and believes in the company's mission. All of our Best Dealerships have achieved this.'
Notes for editors:
The 15 UK's Best Dealerships to Work For are:
- Chorley Nissan in Lancashire
- Clive Brook Volvo in Bradford
- Drayton Motors in Boston
- Luscombe Motors in Leeds
- Peter Vardy BMW/Mini Edinburgh
- Peter Vardy CarStore Glasgow
- Peter Vardy Vauxhall Aberdeen
- Peter Vardy Vauxhall Edinburgh
- Peter Vardy Vauxhall Kirkcaldy
- Premier Ford in Newport, Isle of Wight
- Roadside (Garages) Ltd, Coleraine, Northern Ireland
- Southend Audi in Essex
- Crewe Audi (Swansway Group)
- Crewe Volkswagen (Swansway Group)
- Volkswagen Van Centre Liverpool (Swansway Group)
For further details about Best Dealerships To Work For, go to the website www.BestUKDealerships.com or contact AM editor-in-chief Stephen Briers on 01733 468024, email: firstname.lastname@example.org